Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2018: Applications are invited for the scholarship for the session 2018. Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme 2018 application form for fresh candidates has been started from 10/09/2018 and closing date of submission of Head of Institution certified copy is on 30/11/2018.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme under is mainly announced for providing financial support to all the poor students across the West Bengal state who are pursuing their higher studies. Any information regarding Swami Vivekananda Scholarship application form, eligibility, renewal, etc. are mentioned below.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Important Dates
|Starting date of Fresh Application||10/09/2018|
|Last date of Fresh Application||30/11/2018|
|Fresh Kanyashree (K3) Application Starts||10/09/2018|
|Last date of Fresh Kanyashree (K3) Application||30/11/2018|
|Renewal(including K3 Renewal) Application Starts||10/09/2018|
|Renewal(including K3 Renewal) Application Ends||–|
What is Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme?
This Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme is for the students in Post-Madhyamik levels pursuing their studies and who are resident in West Bengal and studying in educational colleges/institutions across this state after passing out from the Council of Secondary/State Board/Higher Secondary and the University of West Bengal or a Madrasha Education set up by State Act. Students whose family annual income is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- may enroll in this scholarship program.
Majority of students at Diploma (Polytechnic) level, Higher Secondary level, Postgraduate level, Undergraduate level, M. Phil./ Doctoral level as well as Kanyashree (K-2) recipients will get benefits under this scholarship scheme.
In the year 2016, The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme has been thoroughly revamped to enroll more students as well as to increase the scholarship amounts significantly.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is divided into two parts ‘MEANS’ and ‘MERIT’. Below we have shared all the details.
Means Judging Criteria
Applicants total family annual income must be less than Rs. 2,50,000/-.
Merit Judging Criteria
Candidates whose family income is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum will be judged according to their academic merit mentioned below.
Higher Secondary level Scholarship (Rs. 1000/- per month)
Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in Madhyamik Exam or its equivalent as stated above excluding optional elective subjects. Students who have passed Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent and enrolled in Class XI or its equivalent course are eligible to apply.
Undergraduate level Scholarship (Rs. 1000/- to Rs.5000/- per month)
Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks (Best of five) in aggregate. Students who have passed the H.S Examination or its equivalent Examination in 2018 and enrolled in the first year of Undergraduate course in Engineering/Medical/G.N.M. Nursing/ General Education/ Para Medical Diploma Course under the aegis of Directorate of Medical Education are eligible to apply.
Students who had Diploma course in 2018 (with 75% minimum in aggregate) in relevant disciplines from the Polytechnic Colleges, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD), Government of West Bengal who are enrolled in 2nd year of Undergraduate course in Engineering on lateral entry basis are also eligible.
Diploma (Polytechnic) level Scholarship (@Rs. 1500/- per month)
Students who are enrolled after passing Madhyamik examination or its equivalent in 2018 for first year Diploma (Polytechnic) courses OR after passing out H.S. (Vocational) courses which is equivalent to H.S. Examination for 2nd-year Diploma (Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis will be eligible to apply.
Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
The Diploma (Polytechnic) courses of the State must be approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD), a Statutory Body under the Department of Technical Education, Training and Skill Development, Government of West Bengal.
Postgraduate level Scholarship (Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 5000/- per month)
Candidates must obtain at least 55% marks for Graduation level Engineering and 53% marks in Honours subjects OR who are enrolled in the first year class of Post Graduate course in General Education /Engineering in the year 2018 can apply.
M.Phil/ NON-NET/NET-LS Research Fellow (Rs. 5000/- to Rs. 8000/- per month)
Students pursuing the regular course in the year 2018 onwards from State-aided Institutions of higher learning and whose date of registration/date of enrolment (M.Phil candidate/Ph.D. candidate) is 01.04.2017 and onwards are eligible to apply in their respective institutions.
The concerned Institutes will forward the name of the candidates in requisite proforma- Name of the Candidate, Mobile No. of the candidate, Date of Registration in Ph.D./ M. Phil., e-mail of the candidate, the name of the Bank and branch along with Bank Account Number and IFS code, Period of claim to the office of the DPI, WB (Scholarship Section).
Also Read: Oasis Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Rates
|Courses||Rate Per Month|
|UG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||1500|
|PG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||2500|
|NON NET M.PHIL./NON NET PH.D.||5000-8000|
|UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES (AICTE APPROVED)||5000|
|UG (MEDICAL-DEGREE) AND DIPLOMA COURSES||5000/- and 1500/-|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Application Form
Eligible Candidates who want to apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2018 can visit the official website and register themselves. Below we have explained the step by step process to successfully fill up and submit the application form.
1. Visit the official website Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/.
2. Read the instructions carefully and click on ‘proceed for registration’.
3. Choose appropriate Directorate and then click on Apply for Fresh application
4. Fill up the application click on submit.
5. After successful registration, you will receive an Applicant Id and the same will be sent to the registered email id.
6. Now click on Applicant Login and enter the Applicant Id and Password.
7. After successful login, click on Edit Profile or Edit Application on the dashboard to continue the application process.
8. First, fill up the Basic Details and upload image and signature and then click on Save & Continue button.
9. Fill up the Personal Details form and then click on Save & Continue button.
10. Upload all the necessary documents as required and then click on Submit Application button.
NOTE: Income Certificate is not needed for K3 applicants
11. Click on finalize the application and click on Download Head of the Institution Verification Certificate button to download the certificate. Then get the certificate attested with Signature and Official Seal of Head of the Institution concerned. After that upload the scanned copy of the attested certificate and click on Final Submission of Scholarship Application button for final submission of the application.
12. After final submission, a success message of the application will be displayed.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – Documents Required
- Following documents in original have to be uploaded
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent (Both sides)
- Mark sheet of last Board/Council/College/University examination (Both sides)
- Income certificate (Not Applicable for Kanyashree)
- First page of Bank Pass Book clearly mentioning the Account No. and IFS code
- Ration Card/ Voter ID/Aadhaar Card etc.
- Recent Photo (10-50 KB)
- Head of institution certified copy
Also Read: UP Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal
For the scholarship renewal, the application must be submitted online to the concerned scholarship sanctioning authority within one month from the date of his/her admission in the next higher class.
- Applicant should apply through online mode using Login Id and Password through the website of SVMCM www.svmcm.wbhed.gov.in.
- Candidate must pass the exam in the first attempt.
- Candidate must secure minimum of 50% marks at Post Graduate Level and 60% from Higher Secondary Level to Undergraduate Level.
FOR Kanyashree (K-3) STUDENTS
Students must pass the exam in 1st attempt and producing 1st-year Marksheet (1st sem & 2nd sem together, not provisional Marksheet).
Documents needed for SVMCM Application Renewal
- Marksheet of a lastest qualifying exam.
- Admission receipt for the promotion to the next higher class.
- Income Certificate (Download Here)
SVMCM Contact Details
Please contact us for further queries and consequent operational support.
- Support mail id: [email protected]
- Toll-free helpline no: 1800 102 8014 (10 AM to 6 PM except Sundays)