JEXPO 2019: Candidates who are waiting for the Jexpo 2019 application form, will start from the Last week of January 2019. Jexpo 2019 will offer admissions to the candidates in various diploma, Post Diploma, Certificate courses in engineering, technology, and architecture offered by polytechnic colleges/institution across the West Bengal state. Read the entire article to know more about Jexpo 2019 admission, application form, counselling, syllabus, and other details.
What is Jexpo 2019?
It is the Polytechnic Education in West Bengal State introduced immediately after independence to look after the academic activities of polytechnic education. The West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (Technical Education Division) has various activities for conducting a number of courses at Diploma, Certificate, Post Diploma, Advanced Certificate, Short Term Vocational Training, Commercial Education level besides monitoring and affiliating the academic institutions conducting these courses and development of curricula for the purpose.
The Council also conducts entrance examination and prepares merit lists for admission of students to Diploma Courses in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy etc. in the Polytechnics of the State under its affiliation.
|Application Form Starts (online and OMR)||Last week of January 2019|
|Last date to submit the online form||3rd week of March 2019|
|Last date to submit the OMR form||1st week of March 2019|
|JEXPO Exam date||Last week of April 2019|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of May 2019|
||1st week of June 2019|
Jexpo 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Must be an Indian Citizen.
- Must have passed the Secondary (Madhyamik) Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with Physical Science/Science, English, and Mathematics among others as subjects securing at least 35% marks (no rounding up) in aggregate as per AICTE norms excluding the marks of the subject taken as additional.
- Candidates appearing in the Secondary (Madhyamik) Examination in WBSSE or its equivalent examination in 2019 with English, Physical Science/Science and Mathematics among others as subjects may also apply.
Note: However, conforming to the benchmark of 35% marks (no rounding up as per AICTE norms) in aggregate excluding the marks of the subject taken as additional, is a must, failing which candidature is liable to be cancelled even after selection in JEXPO 2019.
Should not be born after 01.07.2004 and there is no upper age limit.
JEXPO 2019 Application Form
Candidates who meet the above eligibility criteria can fill the JEXPO application from 2019 @ www.webscte.org (or in any other website as per announcement later). The procedure of online submission of application and deposition of the application fee shall be notified in the Council’s website www.webscte.org.
- Offline Application form: Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for valid Kanyashree enrolees)
- Online Application form: Rs. 450/- (Rs. 225/- for valid Kanyashree enrolees)
JEXPO 2019 Exam Pattern
The JEXPO 2019 will be conducted in two papers comprising “Mathematics (First Paper) and Physics & Chemistry (Second Paper) for admission of students to Diploma Courses in Engineering/Technology. There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) set for both the papers. More than one answer against any question will be treated as incorrect response/answer.
|Paper/Subject||No. Of Questions||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 (Mathematics)||100||2 Hours|
|Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry)||100 (50 + 50)||2 Hours|
JEXPO Syllabus 2019
Latest revised syllabus on Mathematics and Physical Science up to Class X under WBBSE shall be followed for JEXPO 2019. The topic-wise syllabus is given below
Mathematics: Real Numbers, Laws of Indices, Graph, Co-ordinate Geometry – Distance Formula, Linear Simultaneous Equations, Properties of Parallelogram, Polynomial, Factorisation, Transversal & Mid-Point Theorem, Profit & Loss, Statistics, Theorems on Area, Construction of a Parallelogram whose measurement of one angle is given and equal in area of a Triangle, Construction of a Triangle equal in area of a quadrilateral, Area & Perimeter of Triangle & Quadrilateral shaped region, etc.
Physical Science: Measurement, Force & Motion, Atomic Structure, Mole Concept, Matter – Structure and Properties, Solution, Acids, Bases & Salts, Work, Power & Energy, Sound, Heat, Separation of Components of Mixtures, Water, etc.
JEXPO 2019 Admit Card
- e-Admit Card of the candidates appearing for JEXPO 2019 will be available on the website www.webscte.org from 2nd April 2019 tentatively.
- The Admit Card can be downloaded by entering the application form number.
- The print-out copy of the e-Admit Card available on the website will be treated as a valid Admit Card.
- The e-Admit Card will contain the name & address of the Examination Centre along with other details.
- Download the admit card here
JEXPO 2019 Result
- The merit position will be available on the website of the Council at www.webscte.org.
- The Council will not communicate the result to any individual applicant.
- No Rank Card will be issued by the Council to the merit listed candidates individually
- There is no provision for post-publication review and inspection.
- Candidates who will obtain ‘zero’ mark either in ‘Mathematics’ or ‘Physics & Chemistry’ or did not appear in any of the two papers shall not be merit-listed.
Candidates must satisfy medical Fitness prescribed below
- No Colour Blindness.
- Physically & Mentally Fit.
- Able to pursue Technical Course.
All candidates (including Physically Challenged) have to produce Medical Fitness Certificate mentioning the above criteria issued by the Registered Medical Practitioner, at the time of admission. Such Medical Certificates must possess Signature, Seal and Registration Number of the Medical Practioner.
- All candidates are directed to keep in touch on regular basis with the official website.
- The process of counselling will commence tentatively in June 2019. Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Challenged (Handicapped), OBC-A and OBC-B candidates are required to produce the Caste Certificate or Physically Challenged (Handicapped) Certificate in original issued by the competent authority of Government of West Bengal at the time of admission.
- Candidate will have to take admission within the date mentioned in the allotment letter.
- Failure to take admission within the stipulated date will make the candidate ineligible for the offered seat and the vacant seat will be allotted to any other eligible candidate.