INSPIRE 2018-19: The Inspire Scholarship Registration has been started from 15th October 2018 and will be available up to 15th December 2018 (17-00 hrs). Interested and eligible candidates can apply and submit their INSPIRE Scholarship online application form by registering themselves to the INSPIRE web portal www.online-inspire.gov.in.
Any information regarding Inspire scholarship application, Inspire scholarship Eligibility, submission procedure, etc are mentioned below.
Applications are invited for the INSPIRE (SHE) Scholarship for Higher Education. This year ‘SHE’ has a Total of 12,000 (including Institute Mode) scholarships. The scholarships are limited to the candidates who have passed Class XII in the year 2018 only from various recognized Central Boards and Indian State and studying regular courses in natural/ basic sciences at three years B.Sc. (Hons), B.Sc., four years B.S and five years integrated M.S./M.Sc. programs in any UGC recognized University/College/Institutions in India.
Inspire Scholarship Important Dates
|Starting date of Online Application||15/10/2018|
|Last date for Application Submission||12/12/2018|
|Result Declaration of Session 2018-19||In the month of March 2019|
What is INSPIRE Scholarship Program?
INSPIRE – Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research is an innovative programme managed and sponsored by the Department of Science & Technology for the attraction of talent to Science.
The basic purpose of INSPIRE Scholarship program is to communicate to the youth of the country to attract talent to the study of science at an early age, the excitements of creative pursuit of science, and thus build the required critical human resource pool for expanding and strengthening the R & D base and Science & Technology system.
Students will not be selected on the basis on any competitive exam, they will be selected on their talent.
INSPIRE Scholarship Amount
Each eligible candidate will receive a scholarship of Rs. 80,000/- annually. The cash value of SHE scholarship holder is Rs. 60,000/- per annum along with a summer time attachment fee of Rs. 20,000/- which will be paid for undertaking the summer time research project.
INSPIRE Scholarship Support Duration
Starting from the 1st-year course in B.Sc., BS, B.Sc. (Hons), and integrated course leading to M.Sc. or M.S. or till the completion of the course, Selected candidates will be supported for a maximum period of five years.
INSPIRE Scholarship Subjects
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences
Other Scholarships: Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
INSPIRE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be already enrolled into a regular and valid degree level course (No correspondence course) in Natural / Basic Sciences within the subject scope of INSPIRE Scholarship (mentioned above) at any UGC recognized University or College or National Institute in India.
- Candidate will be judged based on the performance in Board Examinations within the cut-off threshold (top 1%) for each State or Central Board Examination in the year 2018 at Class XII level (see below)
- Based on the performance in any of the specified Competitive Examinations within the cut off marks and recipient of various medals and scholarships (see below).
- Students who have passed XII examination in the previous year will not be considered.
National Level Competitive Examination
- JEE (Main): Top 10,000 Rank as per Common Merit List (CML)
- JEE (Advanced): Top 10,000 Rank as per (CML)
- AIPMT or NEET for Medical: Top 10,000 Rank as per (CML)
- All Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna (KVPY) Fellows, International Olympiad Medalists, National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Scholars and Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) Scholars.
Other National Level Competitive Examinations
- 4 years BS or 5 years Integrated M.Sc. programs in Basic & Natural Sciences at all Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) within top 10,000 rank in JEE (Advanced)
- All Indian Institute of Science Education & Research (IISERs), National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER).
- Department of Atomic Energy – Centre for Basic Science (DAE – CBS) students following the eligibility criteria (mentioned in the above table).
- University at Under-graduate or Integrated M. Sc. program in Basic Sciences and Natural Sciences and following National Level Competitive Examinations.
Also Read: Oasis Scholarship
INSPIRE Scholarship 2017 Cutoff
|Boards||XII % Cut-off Marks 2017|
|Jammu & Kashmir||91.4|
|% Marks = Total Marks obtained/Maximum Possible Marks x 100|
INSPIRE Scholarship Application Form
- Go to the website www.online-inspire.gov.in and click on Register Here on the top right side.
- Enter the details such as Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Email, Password, Eligibility Criteria, Verification Code (CAPTCHA).
- Click on submit after filling up all the details.
- Now Log into the portal by entering the Registered Email ID as User Name and the password.
- Click on the ‘scholarship’ link and click on ‘Apply for scholarship’.
- Click on ‘EDIT’ and upload all necessary documents (Photo, caste certificate, Marksheet, etc).
- Save the application and click ‘Yes’ if you are availing any other Scholarship and ‘No’ if not.
- Check the Declaration Button enter and CAPTCHA and submit the application.
- After successful submission, Application Reference No. /IVR No. will be generated, take a print out for future reference.
Related Readings: UP Scholarship
INSPIRE Scholarship Documents Needed to fill the Application Form
- Passport size photograph
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Class X Mark sheet or Certificate
- Endorsement Form/ Certificate signed by the Principal of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University
- Community/Caste Certificate (only if the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST)
- Eligibility Note/Advisory Note (Not Mandatory)
- Certificate specifying Rank or Award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE /International Olympic Medalists (Only if the candidate is eligible under this criteria)
INSPIRE Scholarship Selection Process
The selection process will be done based on each completed online application based on the above eligibility criteria including finalization of actual top 1% cut-off of Class 12th examination 2018 for each Board.
In the case of receiving more than 12,000 eligible applications forms in the given year, the selection will be done on the basis of Board inclusive model within the available number of Scholarships in that year as it has been accepted and implemented for the selection of students passed out in the previous years.
INSPIRE Scholarship Renewal
Continuation of the scholarship for selected candidates is based on performance in the examinations conducted and certified by the institution imparting education.
Important Instruction to Candidates
- Do not submit more than one application.
- Check the application form carefully before submitting the form.
- Wrongly or Incomplete filled application form will summarily be rejected.
- The applicant must own the email id used for submission of the On-line application. All information and application status will be informed only through the online portal.