CDS 2019: UPSC aka Union Public Service Commission has released the CDS 2019 Notification on 31/11/2018 at their official website upsc.gov.in. UPSC CDS 1 2019 application form has been started and the last date for CDS registration/submission of the application form is 26/11/2018 till 6 PM. Eligible candidates who are between 18 to 24 year can click on the CDS 1 2019 apply online link and register themselves. The UPSC CDS 1 2019 exam date is scheduled on 3/02/2019.
Here we are sharing all the details related to CDS 2019 important dates, exam pattern, application process, eligibility criteria, syllabus, etc.
CDS 2019 Recruitment Details: Important Dates
|CDS 1 Notification Date||31/11/2018|
|Starting Date of Application form||31/11/2018|
|Last Date of application form||26/11/2018|
|Starting Date to withdraw application form||03/12/2018|
|Last date to withdraw the application form||10/12/2018|
|Admit Card availability||13 /01/2019|
|UPSC CDS 1 Exam Date||03/02/2019|
|CDS 1 answer key||To be announced soon|
|CDS I 2019 result Declaration||To be announced soon|
CDS 1 2019 Notification 2018
The UPSC CDS 1 notification was published on the official website (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UPSC CDS NOTIFICATION 2018 PDF) on 31 Oct 2018. And the CDS 1 2019 Exam will be held on 03 Feb 2019. So we always recommend all the candidates to visit our website on regular basis.
CDS 1 2019 Vacancies
Here we have mentioned all the details regarding UPSC CDS vacancy 2019. UPSC conducts this exam and recruits candidates for the post of Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Officer’s Training Academy.
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Course 45 commencing in July 2019 Executive (General Service)/Hydro||45|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||147th (DE) Course commencing in July 2019||100|
|Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October 2019||225|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||(Pre-Flying) 32 Training Course commencing in July 2019||32|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai||24th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October 2019.||15|
CDS 1 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of CDS 2019 is divided into 3 categories – Nationality/citizenship, age limit, Marital Status, Sex and educational qualification.
- Must be a Citizen of India, or Bhutan, or Nepal, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, OR
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age Limits, Marital Status and Sex
For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible.
For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible.
For Officers’ Training Academy: (SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2001
only are eligible.
For Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2000.
For Officers’ Training Academy: (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2001.
CDS 1 2019 Application Form
The application form of UPSC CDS 1 2019 has been released and it’s live now. Candidates who are interested can fill up the registration/application form. The starting date of online application is 31 Oct 2018 and the last date to submit the registration form is 26 Nov 2018. Below we have explained the detailed procedure to fill the CDS 2019 application form.
How to Apply for UPSC CDS 1 2019?
- Candidates are required to apply online by visiting the official website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application as per the instructions mentioned in the site through drop down menu and complete with Part I and Part II registration.
- In between candidate will be asked to upload his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that the photograph should not exceed 300 KB and signature must not be less than 20 KB.
- Then candidates can pay the fees and submit the application form.
CDS Application Fee
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred only).
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST are exempted from fee payment.
- Application fee can be paid offline by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore.
Documents and details required when filling the application form
- Candidate must have his Matriculation Certificate before filling up the application form.
- Candidates will be asked for their Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name & Date of Birth which should match exactly as mentioned in the Matriculation Certificate.
- In addition, candidate should also have details of one photo ID, Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government.
- This photo ID will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for written examination/Personality Test/SSB.
CDS Exam Pattern
The exam of UPSC CDS is divided into three categories – Written examination, Interview for intelligence and personality test. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective MCQ type questions only. The question papers/Test Booklets of Elementary Mathematics and General Knowledge will be set bilingually in English as well as Hindi. There are four options for the answer to every question. For each wrong answer, one third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. The UPSC CDS Exam pattern is tabulated below.
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
|For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy|
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English.
General Knowledge questions will be designed to test the candidates’ knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects including questions on History of India and Geography.
Number System: Integers, Natural numbers, Rational and Real numbers.
Fundamental operations, substraction, addition, multiplication, Square roots, division, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and work, time and distance, percentages, profit and loss, applications to simple and compound interest, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory: Prime and composite numbers. Division algorithm. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Laws of logarithms, Logarithms to base 10, use of logarithmic tables.
Basic Operations, Remainder Theorem, simple factors, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, relation between its roots and coefficients, solutions of quadratic equations. Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns: graphical and analytical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Rational expressions, set language and set notation, and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°
Simple trigonometric identities
Simple cases of heights and distances
Use of trigonometric tables
- Plane and plane figures, Lines and angles, Theorems on
- Properties of angles at a point
- Parallel lines
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Congruency of triangles
- Similar triangles
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, Loci.
Areas of squares, parallelograms, rectangles, triangle, and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, Surface area and volume of cuboids, surface area and volume of spheres.
Graphical representation frequency polygons, Collection, and tabulation of statistical data, bar charts, histograms, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
CDS Selection Process
Candidates will be recruited based on the written examination, Personality Test/ Personal Interview(SSB interview) followed by the documents verification of the candidates and Medical Examination.
The SSB Interview procedure consists of the two-stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who will qualify the first stage will be allowed to appear for stage II.
The details are:-
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception.
Description Test (PP&DT): Based on the combination of performance in PP&DT and OIR Test, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Stage II will include Interview, Psychology Tests, Group Testing Officer Tasks and the Conference. These tests will be a 4 days process.
CDS Admit Card
Candidates who will successfully register themselves before the last date and accepted provisionally by the board will be issued UPSC CDS 1 2019 admit card. Check the full details here like details on the admit card, how to download, etc.
What is UPSC CDS Exam?
CDS or Combined Defence Services exam is an examination mainly conducted to recruit young men and women to join any of the Indian Air Force, Indian Army or Indian Navy (Three wings of the Indian Defence Services). Every year UPSC conducts this exam twice a year, usually in the months of February and November and lakhs of candidates appear for the examination and few get selected for the further interview round of Personality and Intelligence test conducted by the Service Selection Board (SSB). Candidates who will successfully qualify both the written test and SSB interview rounds will be officially recruited to join the Indian Air Force, Army, Navy.